Sunday, March 11, 2012

Screw people.

Back in 2009 i get really sick and decided that it would be better for my health if i quit my job and focused on my health and finishing school.

During that I applied for disability.

I was told that I had too much money in the back and was told that I needed to spend it and save the receipts showing that I spent it (was not allowed to just take it out of the bank)

Did that...and still denied. I was told that I was too healthy.

What the hell.

I have Cystic Fibrosis.

Last I checked there was no cure and that its gonna kill me.

So basically what the government is telling us is that people who dont need it can get it but the people that actualy need it are either denied or have to go through so much shit to get it.

Today (technically yesterday) I received a letter from my hospital saying that because of outstanding bills the NCDOR has taken my state tax return and given it to UNC to pay off my debt to them.

Woah.

What debt!?

I have paid for everything that my insurance didnt cover...

I should not have had any debt.

Looking over the description of the bills...

1rst account - yr 2000
2nd- 2005
3rd-2009
4th- 2009
5th- 2009

so the bills that they took my money for were from 3-12 years ago.

How can this be rigth?!?! no one ever told me that I had any bills.

I had not received any notices.

Why is our government allowed to just take my hard earned money and place it towards bills that are from ages ago?!?!? I wasnt even 18 at the time of the bills!!!

If someone had even told me about these bills I would have paid them. but no. they decided that it would be way more fun to be all like... SURPRISE you dont get your money! haha stupid bitch...think she can get her money.

omg.

can someone please tell me that this is not our government.

that this is not my hospital.

And whats worse is that there is probably nothing that I can do about it.

Im never going to see that money. Money that I had to pay for. Sounds crazy...but state taxes arent free to get done.

This is so fuckin stupid.

I am so upset over this. How is this fair?!?! I am a good citizen...I pay my bills on time. I pay all of my shit to UNC. They should have just called me or sent me a bill for these.

But you know what?!? They knew that I would fight them b.c of how old they are. maybe not the 2009 ones...but the ones from 2005 and 2000? yeah those should not be there. and why they hell would they not send me bills?!?! they send me my co pays and all the other ones all the time. they repeat and repeat and repeat until I pay them...

I just dont understand.

Why does this have to happen to me?!

I mean sure its just money and in the long run it aint that important...but what other bills are they going to make up later on down the road and screw with me again?!?!

How can I trust my hosiptal?!? The place that takes care of me...

All I know is that if this doesnt get fixed im switching hospitals. I dont want to...but if they are going to continuously fuck me over... I want nothing to do with UNC.

UGH

I really hate this...

All I seriously want to do is cry...cuddle...and cry.

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand the feeling... Especially with the getting SS or SSI! I got denied then started working with the CF lawyer & finally a year later I got approved. It's barely enough to live on but it's been then nothing. Hopefully things get settled with the hospital!

    ReplyDelete